Spring Break Camp 2015
Calling all Ekone teens…these wild ponies need some spring training!
Take it from the teens themselves. Spring Break Camp at Ekone is super fun and extra special. It’s a chance to see Ekone in the “off-season,” ride the horses while they are fresh and spunky from a winter off, hang out with a small group of other awesome teens, and get down and dirty with ranch projects.
It’s also an opportunity to “give back” to Ekone and lay the foundation for a great spring and summer by getting the ranch ready for action. Part service…all fun. For a taste, check out the slideshow from 2013: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zBM0H1AkAo
And, it’s a more affordable way to spend some time at Ekone for teens who don’t have summer camp in the budget, or will be getting jobs or having other adventures this summer.
The Possibilities List includes:
- Help the horses begin scratching off their winter coats.
- Work with horses in the round pen, put some miles on and work out the winter kinks.
- Begin breaking in two brand-new Ekone horses!
- Go on a field trip to a local trainer and expand our knowledge about horsemanship.
- Check trails for obstacles and damage.
- Do some spring cleaning of the Yummy Tummy Cafe, Lodge, Longhouse and grounds (with music, of course).
- Have a movie night.
- Celebrate the Spring with a walk down to rushing Rock Creek.
- Reconnect with old friends and make some new ones.
- Burn stuff.
- Fix fences.
- Clean tack.
- Dance party in the Yummy Tummy.
- (And parents…we’ll even save a little time for homework.)
This camp is open to ages 12-19. Attendance is limited to 12, so don’t delay!
Dates: Sunday, March 22 – Saturday, March 28 (a shorter stay can be arranged if needed) These dates are tailored to the Portland School District calendar…if YOUR spring break doesn’t line up and you want to spend it at Ekone, let us know! With enough requests, we can add another week.