Spring Break Camp 2013
Calling all Ekone teens…these wild ponies need some spring training!
Spring Break is an opportunity for Ekone teens to visit the ranch during the off-season, complete with lots of riding and springtime fun. It’s also an opportunity to “give back” to Ekone and lay the foundation for a great spring and summer by getting the ranch ready for action.
And, it’s a more affordable way to spend some time at Ekone for teens who don’t have summer camp in the budget, or will be getting summer jobs this year!
During spring break camp, we will:
- Help the horses begin scratching off their winter coats.
- Put some miles on and work out the winter kinks!
- Check trails for obstacles and damage.
- Do some spring cleaning of the Yummy Tummy Cafe, Lodge, Longhouse and grounds (with music, of course).
- Have a movie night or two!
- Celebrate the Spring Equinox and watch the moon rise over Rock Creek Canyon….
- Reconnect with old friends and make some new ones.
- (And parents…we’ll even save a little time for homework.)
This camp is open to ages 13-19, with priority registration for returning Ekone campers until March 1st. Then if we still have room, friends of previous campers and teens new to Ekone will also be welcomed warmly. Attendance is limited to 12, so don’t delay!
Dates: Sunday, March 24 – Saturday March 30 (a shorter stay can be arranged if needed) These dates are tailored to the Portland School District calendar…if YOUR spring break doesn’t line up and you want to spend it at Ekone, let us know! With enough requests, we can add another week.
To Register: Email email@example.com or call 509-773-6800, and we’ll save your spot and send you the registration materials directly