Spring Break Camp 2017
Calling all Ekone teens…these wild ponies need some spring training!
Take it from the teens themselves. Spring Break Camp at Ekone is super fun and extra special. It’s a chance to see Ekone in the “off-season,” ride the horses while they are fresh and spunky from a winter off (starting with join-up, groundwork, and relationship-building), hang out with a small group of other awesome teens, and get down and dirty with ranch projects.
It’s also an opportunity to “give back” to Ekone and lay the foundation for a great spring and summer by getting the ranch ready for action. Part service…all fun.
And, it’s a more affordable way to spend some time at Ekone for teens who don’t have summer camp in the budget, or will be getting jobs or having other adventures this summer.
The Possibilities List includes:
- Help the horses get in the mood for camp again, with “join-up” exercises, scratching off their winter coats, riding in the roundpen and on the trails as much as weather allows!
- Welcome our new additions to the herd, and reassure them that Ekone is a wonderful, loving home with lots of excellent scratching and kind attention.
- Go on a field trip to a local trainer and expand our knowledge about horsemanship.
- Check trails for obstacles and damage.
- Do some spring cleaning of the Yummy Tummy Cafe, Lodge, Longhouse and grounds (with music, of course).
- Have a movie night.
- Celebrate the Spring with a walk down to rushing Rock Creek.
- Reconnect with old friends and make some new ones.
- Burn stuff.
- Fix fences.
- Clean tack.
- Dance party in the Yummy Tummy.
- (And parents…we’ll even save a little time for homework.)
This camp is open to ages 12-19. Attendance is limited to 12, so don’t delay!
New in 2017: TWO WEEKS of Spring Break Camp, which we hope encompasses the spring break windows of most of our summer campers. If your spring break doesn’t line up and you want to spend it at Ekone, please let us know and we’ll see if we can work something out.
Spring Session 1: Sunday, March 26 – Saturday, April 1
Spring Session 2: Sunday, April 2 – Saturday, April 8
Cost: $630 (if paid by check, $655 if paid by card)
For a taste of Spring Break Camp, please check out this 2015 slideshow: