Your gifts of time, expertise, hand-me-downs, financial support, and love are always welcome, and a giant part of what keeps Ekone thriving. Let us know by emailing sacredearth(at)ekone.org or calling 509-773-4536 if you’re able to help with any of these ranch needs!
- Blankets in good, clean condition for our guest rooms
- 5-gallon buckets…a ranch can never have enough of these
- Boxes of tea, sacks of coffee…
- Tea towels. Where do they all go??!
- Shelving, sideboard, butcher rack, dressers, drawer units…we have lots of places for furniture odds & ends
- Pots & pans (non-teflon), bowls, serving platters, other great kitchen tools and implements….
- I-pod, I-pod dock
- Folding chairs
- Outdoor furniture
- Alarm clocks
- Flashlights and headlamps
- Large plastic storage bins (Rubbermaid totes, etc)
- Large tapestries (for curtains)
- Neat craft supplies
- Outdoor plants…extra starts that don’t fit in your garden, or perennials that need dividing. Favorites include hops, crocosmia, alstromeria, lavender, bulbs of all kinds….
- Quality art, unique goods, and one-of-a-kind experiences for the Barbed Wire Ball auction in September
- Surprise us!
Tools & Equipment
- 15-passenger van, preferably with 4WD, for use in cemetery transportation and hauling the extraordinary quantity of groceries we go through….
- A good mid-size tractor, with a backhoe. Ours is undersized, unreliable, lacking a backhoe, and made in China.
- Four-wheeler/ATV. We must be the only ranch in the west without one, and it’s time.
- Riding lawnmower, to help us ramp up fire prevention mowing around the ranch.
- Loppers, hand saws, and pruners for fire prevention work.
- Garden carts & wheelbarrows
- Garden tools, especially spading forks, shovels, and hand pruners, but any extra garden supplies will be put to good use
- Extension cords
- Miscellaneous shop tools; it’s a big shop and things walk, we’ll give that 4th hammer and extra measuring tape you never use a good home!
- Wood jointer
- Cider press, so that we can delight you with homemade cider next time you visit
- Horse tack…we do need a few more saddles, and can make use of all kinds of things, especially halters and lead ropes
- Lodgekeeper…this position is for 1-6 month periods, and we’re accepting applications year-round
- Facilities Assistant…follow Liz around and help keep it all running
- Garden Assistants…Ekone’s large, productive garden could always use a little more love
- Workparties…we have several each year! Contact email@example.com to make sure you’re on the workparty email list.
- Carpenters, plumbers, electricians, tech-savvy people, and professionals of all kinds…if you have a skill to offer, please let us know and we can talk projects!
- Love letters…your words of support and encouragement make a BIG difference to us on the ground
- Referrals…please talk to your school (youth group, club, friends…) about summer camp and field trips, to your church (organization, team, friends) about the White Eagle cemetery, and your friends (family, neighbors, colleagues) about coming out to Ekone. We can supply you with brochures & materials!
- Prayers…please keep this special place in your heart!
And always, we need funding to continue this work and keep Ekone running smoothly. Your tax-deductible donations are very much appreciated, and can be made right here!