Your gifts of time, expertise, hand-me-downs, financial support, and love are always welcome, and a giant part of what keeps Ekone thriving. Let us know by emailing sacredearth(at)ekone.org or calling 509-773-4536 if you’re able to help with any of these ranch needs!
- Large cider press, so that we can delight you with homemade cider next time you visit
- Blankets and sheets in good, clean condition for our guest rooms
- 5-gallon buckets…a ranch can never have enough of these
- Boxes of tea…it goes fast around here
- Sturdy garden cart, light trailer, or horse cart…for horse-drawn use spreading hay around the horse track to make our horses’ lives more interesting in the off-season, among other things!
- Teepee poles for our giant 30′ teepee…anyone want to make a trip to lodgepole country for us?
- Twin mattresses in good condition (two)
- Queen bed frame
- Rugs of all sizes, especially big ones
- Shelving, sideboard, butcher rack, dressers, drawer units…we have lots of places for furniture odds & ends
- Pressure cooker
- Pots & pans (non-teflon), cutting boards, bowls, serving platters, other great kitchen tools and implements….
- I-pod (with music!) and I-pod dock…we’re ready to improve (and down-size) the Lodge’s sound equipment!
- Folding chairs
- Outdoor furniture
- Large tapestries (for curtains)
- Neat craft supplies
- Outdoor plants…extra starts that don’t fit in your garden, or perennials that need dividing
- Garden tools, especially spading forks, but any extra garden supplies will be put to good use
- Miscellaneous shop tools; it’s a big shop and things walk, we’ll give that 4th hammer you never use a good home!
- Quality wood planer. Ours is terrible.
- Horse tack…we do need a few more saddles, and can make use of all kinds of things
- Quality art and unique goods for the Barbed Wire Ball auction in September
- Surprise us!
- Website (wordpress) administrative help & technical support
- Someone who would like to design and build a new greenhouse or garden gates…
- Carpenters and mechanics are always welcome on the ranch…
- Plumbers are EXTRA welcome.
- Tech support for networking our computers and upgrading office systems
- Lodgekeeper…this position is for 1-6 month periods, and we’re accepting applications
- Facilities Assistant…follow Liz around and help keep it all running
- Garden Intern…working with our volunteer garden manager Susan
- Workparties…now YOU can organize a workparty for 8-20 of your favorite people. A great opportunity to retreat on the cheap. Excellent birthday idea!
- Love letters…your words of support and encouragement make a BIG difference to us on the ground
- Referrals…please talk to your school (youth group, club, friends…) about summer camp and field trips, to your church (organization, team, friends) about the White Eagle cemetery, and your friends (family, neighbors, colleagues) about coming out to Ekone sometime in 2013. We can supply you with brochures & materials!
- Prayers…please keep this special place in your heart!
And always, we need funding to continue this work and keep Ekone running smoothly. Your tax-deductible donations are very much appreciated, and can be made right here!